From funky, to funny and downright FORE, good ole Britain is steeped in goodness … and a decent share of unusual facts. Check out our top 10 fascinating facts:
1. Everywhere in England is no more than 120km from the ocean.
2. The world’s oldest music shop opened in Cardiff in 1894.
3. The first chocolate bar was invented in Bristol in 1847.
4. Brits drink 165 million cups of tea a day, much more than the 1.4 million cups of tea that Aussie’s drink per day!
5. Accents noticeably change about every 40km in Britain.
6. The national animal of Scotland is the unicorn!
7. The Fab Four went through several different band names before landing on The Beatles
8. Inspiration for the ‘007’ code for James Bond, came from Ian Fleming’s everyday bus route.
9. Fore! You can thank the Scottish for inventing the game of golf.
10. While a dram of Scotch whisky may have aged for three or more years, the peat used to dry the barley is usually somewhere between 1000 and 5000 years old.
19 views0 comments